Thursday, April 23, 2009

Bone Marrow


Artist Worthy of Mention: Jesca Hoop
Origin: Southern Cali-Forn-I-A
Song:
Intelligentactile 101

Is it just me, or does folk-experimental music never get old? Jesca Hoop came into the music scene in 2007, with her biggest songs Money and Seed Of Wonder. Most of her songs consist of low and monotonous sounds with unique rhythms all of which are combined with stacked tracks of vocals. The song I would most recommend is the one mentioned at the top since it has a bit of an upbeat indie-pop spin to it. With slightly bizarre lyrics "Can i borrow your bones and marrow till i get my own..." she definitely has her own style of expressing words, although I'm not condemning her for it. Contrarily I find her lyrics inspiringly original. As described by Tom Waits, "Her music is like going swimming in a lake at night," and I think I'd agree.

This one is a keeper so enjoy her! (Especially while painting)

Yours, Sampanthera

3 comments:

Artgirl said...

HI SAM!

Once again, I find that I am loving your posts. I think you should be writing musical artist reviews for some indie publication somewhere. Freelance, you know? What do you think?

I'll have to check out this singer when I have some time. I thought I would visit my blog again and get something up! Hope all is going well in your life!

Hugs,
AA

Artgirl said...

OK, I just checked her out! It was great to find her on i-tunes. What's really funny to me is that I found out I had her on one of the winter CD's I bought this year - "The Hotel Cafe Presents Winter Songs". I originally got directed to that collection because of a song I fell in love with by Sara Bareilles. Check it out! (And let me know what you think!) I could see you and Sid doing something like this!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU-x9fZRQT4

ENJOY!

Artgirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.